PURPOSE OF THIS DOCUMENT
At Sheridan Fabrications Ltd., privacy is a serious matter and we are committed to protecting it. This statement details our approach in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) for the purposes of:-
• Collecting personal data about individuals
• Using this information
• Sharing this information, where absolutely necessary
• Ensuring data security and confidentiality is upheld.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This policy may evolve over time so please check the date on this page to make sure that you have the latest version.
This policy was last updated on 14th March 2019.
WHO WE ARE
Sheridan Fabrications Ltd. (hereafter the “Company”), and the “controller” of your personal data that decides why and how your personal data is processed.
Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless mentioned otherwise, this refers to Sheridan Fabrications Ltd. and is also the controller of your personal data.
OUR RELATIONSHIP TO YOU
Sheridan Fabrications ltd maintains relationships with Retailers, Customers & Commercial Organisations in order to fulfil our service.
Sheridan Fabrications and our Retailers
Retailers (or Retail Partners) are classed as businesses or organisations who broker the sale of products manufactured and/or installed by Sheridan Fabrications to customers.
In such relationships, Sheridan Fabrications Ltd will be commissioned as either a contractor to complete works of an agreed value and specification; or as a Supplier to manufacture and deliver products to either a premises nominated by the Retailer.
Sheridan Fabrications and our Customers
Customers are defined as domestic end users who are the direct recipients of our goods and services.
In most circumstances, the provision of services delivered by our company will have been agreed with our retail partners. Where this is the case, any queries, complaints or changes should be reported and discussed with the Retailer for resolution. Our position in such relationships should be considered as that of a contractor, that can only complete additional works of any kind once agreed and commissioned by the retailer.
Sheridan Fabrications Ltd may occasionally deal with customers directly, in the case of delivering, or delivering and installing discounted worktops from product ranges which are no longer active in our current product portfolio. In such cases, we as the retailer accept full responsibility for the satisfactory delivery of our products and services, assuming that the necessary criteria for a successful installation have been met.
Sheridan Fabrications and Commercial Organisations
Commercial Organisations are defined as non-domestic clients, for whom we will act as a contractor or subcontractor.
In these circumstances, we take responsibility for the delivery of our products and services, assuming that necessary criteria for a successful delivery or installation have been met. In entering into a commercial contract with Sheridan Fabrications, you will be appointed a dedicated project manager, to ensure that the project is executed in a manner which is responsive and efficient.
HOW AND WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Personal data you give to us:
This is information about you that you give to us, entirely voluntarily, by entering information via:
• our website;
• our mobile applications;
• social media platforms;
• corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
As an individual, we may retain any enquiries or survey responses submitted through our website, or social platforms for the purpose of ensuring and improving the delivery of our products and services. As a business, we may also retain any details submitted as a declaration of legitimate interest, and may use this information to contact you with products or services which we feel are relevant to your original enquiry based on the context of the data submission and the details given therein.
Personal data shared with us:
This is information about you, the Customer, given to us by the Retailer, to enable us to fulfil our role as a supplier, templater, installer, or any combination of the aforementioned. Such data may include:
• Personal identifiable data, such as Name, Address, and contact details.
• Information relating to your order
• Relevant information which may impact our ability to deliver our products and services.
• Records of correspondence, in order to promote continuity in service between Sheridan Fabrications Ltd and the Retailer.
Personal data we collect about you:
we may automatically collect the following information:
• details of transactions you carry out through the website, and your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access;
• technical information, automatically collected, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Please see cookies for further information;
• any personal data which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile or third-party social network.
Personal data we may receive from other sources:
We obtain certain personal data about you from sources outside our business which may include our subcontractors or other third-party companies.
The remaining provisions of this policy also apply to any personal data we obtain from these sources.
OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
We process your personal data lawfully for:
• the purpose of handling communication and exchange of information with our website users;
• the purpose of managing our customer/prospect relations; notably when processing your orders, responding to your requests or by regularly sending you news and information on our products, our brands or our initiatives that might arouse your interest;
• any other specific purpose indicated at the time of collecting the information.
We may use and process your personal data principally:
where you have provided freely given and explicit CONSENT and for specific, determined and legitimate purposes. You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information by contacting us at any time.
where it is necessary for us to pursue our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS as a business, provided that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding, taking into consideration your reasonable expectations, based on your relationship with us.
For example, for the following purposes:
• direct marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent), as analysis to improve our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your user experience;
• assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centre;
• detection, prevention and mitigation of fraudulent or other illegal activities;
• network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
where it is necessary for us to COMPLY WITH A LEGAL OBLIGATION and notably:
• to assist a public authority or criminal investigation body;
• to identify you when you contact us under certain legal circumstances;
• to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you.
where it is required for the PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT, we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. This will include information that we process in order to enable you to make use of our website and the services we provide through it.
WHO MAY RECEIVE OR HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Our suppliers and service providers
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf. Such third parties may include cloud service providers (such as hosting and email management) or advertising agencies, administrative services, credit reference agencies, credit/debit card payment processors, customer satisfaction surveys or other third parties who provide services to us and assist us in the operation of our business and website.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose personal data that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and confidential, and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
Other ways we may share your personal data
We may transfer your personal data:
• to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation;
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation or when this disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our visitors and customers;
• if you have consented to the disclosure.
However, we will always take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information is stored either in our databases or in the databases of our service providers. The information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In such cases, we will take to the appropriate security and confidentiality measures to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data or ensuring that the recipients have subscribed to “international frameworks” that aim to ensure adequate protection.
We retain personal identifiable data to fulfil our legitimate interests as a business, and our obligations under law. The period for which this is held is no longer than is necessary to fulfil our objectives.
On deletion of personal identifiable information, we may still retain anonymous data to be used for aggregate or statistical analysis, for the purpose of ensuring continual improvement of performance within our company.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, restrictions or circumstances, you may have the right:
• To access your personal data;
• To correct, modify and update your personal data;
• To erase your personal data or restrict its processing;
• To withdraw your consent;
• To object to our use of your personal data for automated decisions made about you;
• To ask us to transfer your personal data in a structured data file to you or to another service provider if it is technically possible (data portability);
• To lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and seek a judicial remedy.
These rights may be exercised by written request sent to the contact details that will be provided to you at the time of data collection. A reply will be provided to you within a reasonable delay, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
HOW WE ENSURE SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA
Our aim is to keep your data as safe and secure as possible at all times. Once we have received your personal data, we put in place reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures and controls to prevent as much as possible any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit.
This website uses a Google Analytics tracking code to report anonymised data about the behaviour of our website visitors, for the purpose of improving the usefulness and effectiveness of our online platform.
Please direct any queries about this policy to our Data Protection Officer using our contact details below.
If you wish to write to us, please write to us at;
Data Protection Officer
Sheridan Fabrications Ltd.
New Sheridan House
Don Pedro Avenue
Our email address for data protection queries is firstname.lastname@example.org