Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,614 – £20,992 pa. negotiable dependent on skills/experience + 20% shift premium + Senior rate £1 ph., overtime (not guaranteed) + production bonus scheme (non contractual)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 per week: Mon to Thurs 5.45 pm to 4.00 am
Benefits: On site parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying service Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Closing Date: 28/05/2021
Key Duties Include
- Supervision of Goods In/Stock Team
- Organisation and allocation of daily/weekly tasks within department
- Stock allocation
- Batching of all material that is unloaded from deliveries.
- Work from SGM Register to pick allocated material.
- Unload containers safely with use of FLT and/or Overhead Crane
- Ensuring all stock control procedures are maintained.
- Assisting in the utilisation of stock and reducing stock levels
- General housekeeping.
The Person – Key Requirements
- Supervisory skills, able to motivate and develop staff
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Good organisation skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of completing paperwork
- IT literate, basic Excel skills
- Ability to lift (Heavy Work)
- Good team player
- Able to demonstrate experience working on own initiative
- Able to work to tight deadlines.
- Good communication skills
Previous experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage with the understanding of stock control and warehousing standards. The ability to work to tight deadlines within a team and a flexible approach to workload and duties is essential along with good communication skills. Applicants should note this is physically demanding role with manual handling and heavy lifting involved. A counterbalance FLT license is desirable, as is a good standard of numeracy, literacy and skills within IT.
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.