Job Type: Permanent
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,295 – £22,768 p.a negotiable dependent upon skills/experience+ shift premium + overtime (not guaranteed) + production bonus scheme (non-contractual)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 per week:
Monday to Thursday 5.45pm to 4.00am
Benefits: Onsite parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying period Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Closing Date: 30/09/2021
We are currently looking to recruit semi-skilled Saw Person/ Machinists to expand our current team. Reporting to the Production Manager successful candidates will undertake the machine cutting of stone and quartz materials prior to fabrication.
Key Duties include:
· Using CNC automated saws cut worktops to tolerances as per technical drawings.
· Working from Process Planning Sheets to ensure all daily jobs on Production Schedule are completed.
· Assist other machine operators in manual handling of worktops.
· Perform pre and post quality checks of material including defects and dimensions.
· Accurate recording of stock usage on Process Planning Sheet
· Minimise stock wastage via maximisation of raw material usage.
· Operator Maintenance Daily Check Sheets 100%
The Person Key Requirements
· Attention to detail & accuracy
· Good organisation skills
· Good numeracy skills
· Good communication skills
· Experience of completing paperwork
· IT literate – basic Excel skills
· Ability to lift (Heavy Work)
· Good team player
· Able to demonstrate experience working on own initiative.
· Able to work to tight deadlines and targets.
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.