Saw Operator – Days
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,874 – £23,451 Negotiable dependent upon industry skills & experience. Overtime available & production bonus scheme (non-contractual)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 per week:
Monday to Thursday 6.30am to 3.30pm, Friday 6.30am- 11.30am
Benefits: On-site parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying period Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Closing Date: 15/05/2022
Sheridan Fabrications is part of Howden Joinery PLC and is the UK’s largest manufacturer of solid and natural work surfaces. Based in Normanton, West Yorkshire.
We are currently looking to recruit semi-skilled Saw Person/ Machinists to expand our current team. Reporting to the Production Manager successful candidates will undertake the machine cutting of stone and quartz materials prior to fabrication.
Key Duties include:
- Using CNC automated saws cut worktops to tolerances as per technical drawings.
- Working from Process Planning Sheets to ensure all daily jobs on Production Schedule are completed.
- Assist other machine operators in manual handling of worktops.
- Perform pre and post quality checks of material including defects and dimensions.
- Accurate recording of stock usage on Process Planning Sheet
- Minimise stock wastage via maximisation of raw material usage.
- Operator Maintenance Daily Check Sheets 100%
The Person Key Requirements
- Attention to detail & accuracy
- Good organisation skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Good communication skills
- Experience of completing paperwork
- IT literate – basic Excel skills
- Ability to lift (Heavy Work)
- Good team player
- Able to demonstrate experience working on own initiative.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and targets.
Previous experience of worktop manufacture would be a distinct advantage but is not essential as training will be provided. Experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage. We are looking for people who are able to work to deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload and duties. Applicants should note this is physically demanding role with manual handling and heavy lifting involved.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within 28 days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful. Thank you for your interest in Sheridan and please do not let this deter you from applying for suitable future vacancies.
Sheridan is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.