Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,347- £19,635 pa + 20% shift premium negotiable dependent on industry skills and experience, potential overtime and production bonus scheme in place (non-contractual/trial)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 5.45 pm to 4.00 am
No weekend work
Benefits: On site parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying service Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
We are currently looking to recruit a Labourer to expand our current team. Reporting to the Cell Leader the successful candidate will assist in the general Goods in / Despatch operation.
Key Duties Include;
• Transfer of product from one production process to another
• Adhere to Production Schedule in a timely manner with transport of product
• Replenishing consumable items via requisition from Machine Operators i.e. adhesives
• Assist Machine Operators in manual handling of worktops
• Housekeeping / 6S including regular housekeeping checks
• Working with Health and Safety Procedures including ensuring all mobile factory transportation are in working order
Whilst not essential, previous experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment together with a basic understanding of Warehousing standards would be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for people with good communication skills who are able to work within a team to tight deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload and duties. Applicants should note this is a physically demanding role with manual handling and heavy lifting involved.
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.