Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £19,921.00-£26,111.00 p.a. negotiable dependent on industry skills / experience + potential overtime + production bonus scheme in place (non-contractual)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 per week:
Mon to Thurs 06.30 – 15.30, Friday 06.30 – 11.30
Possible weekend work
Benefits: On-site parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying service Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Due to continued growth and success, we are currently looking to recruit semi-skilled Machinist to expand our current team. Reporting to the Production manager successful candidates will undertake the machine polishing of stone and quartz materials prior to fabrication.
Key Duties Include
• Polish Edge detail, sink cut outs and work top surface using polishing gun
• Working to production drawing and templates
• Grind out unpolished cut outs and radius’s using portable grinder
• Ensure Process Planning Sheets are correctly completed for stock calculation
• Clean and maintain machinery and tools
• Maintain a tidy work area
• Performing visual and dimensional quality inspection checks.
Previous experience of worktop manufacture would be a distinct advantage but is not essential as training will be provided. Experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage. We are looking for people who are able to work to deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload and duties. Applicants should note this is physically demanding role with manual handling and heavy lifting involved.
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.