Vacancy Type : Permanent/ Full time
Location : Normanton, West Yorkshire WF6 1TD
Salary : Competitive dependent upon skills/experience
Start Date : Immediate Start available
Hours : 39.5 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 8.30am-5.00pm, Friday 8.30am-4.30pm
Benefits : On site parking/staff uniform/canteen
Closing Date : 02/08/2021
The IT department are looking to recruit an IT Support Technician to work within the IT support team, providing 1st line support to our internal users. The team use the latest software and infrastructure to provide in-house support for our internal users.
Key Duties include:
- Incident call logging and service desk operation.
- 1st Line technical support; diagnosing, fault finding and fix.
- Operational maintenance; setting up user accounts, maintaining backups, daily tasks.
- Desktop and laptop configuration.
- System administration and monitoring.
- Project administration and planning.
- New Hardware, infrastructure and software setup and installation.
- Systematic fault management.
The Person – Key Requirements
- Proven positive approach to customer service and an understanding of service levels.
- Organised and methodical approach to tasks.
- Ability to manage time effectively across multiple tasks according to agreed priorities.
- Prioritisation of own work.
- Strong communication skills externally and internally.
- Flexible approach to workload and duties.
Experience of working with the following is desirable, but not essential; system administration tasks (setting up user accounts, security, email), hardware and software installations, PC’s laptops and peripherals, exposure to Active Directory/Exchange, Windows server, Virtual Environment, – VMware, networking (LAN/WAN technologies), MS SQL Database.