Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £18,215 pa – £19,614 pa + 20% shift premium negotiable dependent on industry skills and experience, potential overtime and production bonus scheme in place
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 5.45 pm to 4.00 am
Benefits: Onsite parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying service Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Closing Date: 18/06/2021
We are currently looking to recruit a Despatch Operative on night shift in the Despatch area to expand our current team. Reporting to the Cell Leader the successful candidate will assist in the general Goods out / Despatch operation.
Key Duties will include;
• Collecting and loading finished goods from Production onto trollies and A frames and transporting to Despatch area
• Work from Process Planning Sheets to ensure all items or order are stacked on A Frame ready for Despatch
• Ability to work from Delivery Schedule to ensure all jobs are Despatch on time
• Preparing & checking off jobs on A Frame match and are in accordance with Despatch Checklist on the Process Planning Sheet
• Wrapping the modular products e.g. Magna, Slab Tech, Timber
• Packing bespoke worktops to quality standards
• Sign off and completing paperwork PPS to account for every action conducted when moving stock
• Direct loading of vehicles using Scissor Lift
• Direct loading of vehicles using FLT/Counterbalance
• To assist in General Goods out / Despatch operation
Whilst not essential previous experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment together with a basic understanding of Warehousing standards would be a distinct advantage.
We are looking for people with good communication skills who are able to work within a team to tight deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload and duties. Applicants should note this is a physically demanding role with manual handling and heavy lifting involved.
We are an innovative company within our field with a fun and friendly but professional working environment.
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.