Cell Leader / Shift Supervisor
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: Competitive / negotiable dependent upon skills/experience + overtime + production bonus scheme (non-contractual)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 5.30pm, Friday 8.30am – 13.30pm
Benefits: On site parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying service Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Sheridan Fabrications is part of Howden Joinery PLC and is the UK’s largest manufacturer of solid and natural work surfaces. Based in Normanton, West Yorkshire.
We are currently looking to recruit a Cell Leader to lead a team of up to 30 staff within our Stone manufacturing department. The successful candidate will oversee shop floor fabrication and machining of Engineered and Natural stone worktops to ensure work is on schedule to the correct quality standard and in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
Key Duties Include
- Supervision of department operators
- Ensure all jobs are processed and completed in accordance with production start times and deliver dates including administering of associated paperwork
- Drive departmental improvements in order to reduce quality issues and re work, reduce waste and increase productivity
- Manage staff training to ensure flexibility and multi-skilling within the team, progressing in line with the Production training matrix and grade structure
- Attending daily production meetings
- Ensure Attendance Management processes and procedures are followed including conducting return to work interviews
- Performance management of employees, probation reviews and highlighting to Production Management where employees are underperforming
- To develop and maintain a safety, quality and continuous improvement culture within their department by being an effective role model and ambassador for safety, quality and standards, including conducting of 6S audits and implement improvements through action plans
- To carry out daily briefings
- To ensure the team delivers on key requirements/targets.
The Person – Key Requirements
- Literature, numerate with good organisational skills
- Ability to interpret and evaluate information
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Bespoke manufacturing experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Committed to continuous improvement
- Supervisory skills, ability to motivate and develop staff
We are looking for people with good communication skills who are able to work within a team to tight deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload and duties. .
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not possible to acknowledge all. If you do not hear from us within 28 days of applying please assume that on this occasion you have not been successful; however please do not let this deter you from applying for future suitable vacancies.
Sheridan is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. Employees and job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation
Apply for this position
In light of the changes in Data Protection legislation, we have introduced a privacy notice for job applicants. Please review this here before applying. By confirming you acceptance at https://www.sheridan-uk.com/careers-privacy, you agree that you consent to us using, sharing and storing your personal data.