26th February 2018, v9.0
The following objectives apply to the scope detailed below:-
‘The manufacture of worktops and accessories. The procurement and supply of accessories to customer requirements.’
It provides the direction for how the company addresses its environmental responsibilities. This includes…
- Compliance with legal and other requirements relevant to our operations which could have an impact on the environment by maintaining effective controls including…
- Regular review of legal requirements to ensure compliance
- Formal waste management controls and record keeping
- Adherence with fire precautions and other related site management measures
- Compliance with requirements agreed with our customers including the control and monitoring of our own suppliers significant environmental aspects
- Preventing pollution, where practicable, associated with our activities through…
- Improvement of waste containment facilities.
- Preventive maintenance on equipment, which could have significant environmental impacts
- Review of internal and external management arrangements
- Promoting more environmentally acceptable processes & materials by…
- Supplying only wood certified by the Forest Stewardship Council where available
- Life cycle of materials is evaluated with first tier and customer suppliers.
- Waste streams identified and current recycling rate of above 97%.
- Making use of renewal energy possibilities.
- Reducing carbon footprint through more efficient transport policies.
- Waste recovery, reducing the consumption of excess materials through…
- Evaluating the potential for recycling/re-use initiatives.
- Maximising product design & manufacture to reduce waste.
- Continually improve environmental performance through the operation of an environmental management system to comply with the requirements of ISO14001, including…
- Identification and clear defined actions to achieve environmental Objectives.
- Establishment of a formal environmental management programme
- Regular monitoring and review of performance & management arrangements through regular management review meetings (BSC).
- Promotion of environmental responsibility to all relevant persons associated with our activities, products and services by…
- Defining responsibilities at all operational levels.
- Assessing and addressing the needs for adequate information, instruction & training
- Providing induction and necessary briefings to employees, contractors and visitors.
- Working with our suppliers to encourage sustainable operations addressing all significant aspects of their activities.
Look for the FSC® logo to identify which items are available FSC® certified.