Sheridan Fabrications is the UK’s largest manufacturer of solid and natural work surfaces. Based in Normanton, West Yorkshire we supply to Blue Chip clients across the UK including Wickes, Benchmarx, Magnet and IKEA ; in addition to other retail, distribution and commercial channels.
We are an innovative company within our field, with a fun and friendly but professional working environment. We offer competitive rates of pay and benefits, training opportunities and on-site parking and staff uniforms.
Our people are the key to our success and we seek enthusiastic individuals who want to make a difference within our business and contribute to our future direction.
Are you ready for a new challenge?
Can you think on your feet ?
Do you want to be part of our team ?
If you feel that you fit the bill for any of the vacancies below, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward your CV indicating current and expected salary/rate of pay to firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us by telephoning 0345 618 2800.
Download an application form and submit to us at:
Human Resources Team
New Sheridan House
Don Pedro Avenue
MAINTENANCE ENGINEER (Nights)
Vacancy Type : Permanent
Location : Normanton, West Yorkshire WF6 1TD
Salary : Competitive – negotiable dependent on skills/experience
Start Date : Immediate Start available
Hours : 39 Hours per week
Monday to Thursday 5.45pm- 4.00am
Benefits : On site parking/staff uniform/canteen
Plus Death in Service Benefits & Health Insurance Plan after qualifying period
Closing Date : 29/09/17
Reporting to the Production Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for all repairs and maintenance of plant and machinery; in addition to maintaining plant services.
Key Duties include:
• Ensure that all equipment is maintained to a high level and that the system delivers the
required demands in terms of availability and uptime
• Maintaining machinery to planned schedules
• Attending breakdowns to plant and machinery
• Maintaining stock levels (ordering parts/replenishing critical parts)
• Carrying out scheduled machine audits
• Servicing machines
• Ensuring safety systems are in place and operable
• Maintaining health and safety procedures at all times.
The Person – Key Requirements
• Relevant qualification in Mechanical Engineering – essential
• Electrically competent – essential
• Experience of machine servicing and breakdowns working with pneumatics and hydraulics – essential
• Experience of planned maintenance procedures – essential
• Self motivated problem solver – essential
• Adept at identifying priorities – essential
• Able to demonstrate an ability to work to tight deadlines, autonomously or as part of a team – essential
• Flexible approach to workload and duties – essential
Experience of working with stone cutting/ woodworking machinery is desirable although not essential as full training will be given. Electrical competency would be a distinct advantage as would experience of working within a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment.
CNC MACHINIST (Nights)
Job Type: Permanent/Full Time
Location: Normanton, West Yorkshire
Salary: £8.70 p.h. to £12.24 p.h. negotiable dependent upon skills/experience + overtime (not guaranteed) Night Shift premium +20%+ production bonus scheme (non contractual/trial)
Start Date: Immediate Start
Hours: 39 hours per week
Monday to Thursday 5.45 pm to 4.00 am
Benefits: On site parking/staff uniform/canteen
After qualifying service Death in Service Benefits + Health Insurance Plan
Closing date: 29/09/2017
Due to continued growth and success, we are currently looking to recruit CNC Machinists to expand our current team. Reporting to the Production manager successful candidates will undertake the CNC cutting of granite and other solid surfaces for fabrication.
Key Duties Include
• To undertake the CNC cutting of granite and other solid surfaces to accurate dimensions for fabrication
• Ability to interpret dimensions from drawings, templates and formers
• To ensure an effective use of materials from cutting lists
• Ability to use CAD Cam
• Clean and maintain machinery and tools
• Maintain a tidy work area.
Previous experience of worktop manufacture and use of Auto CAD would be a distinct advantage but is not essential as training will be provided. Experience of working within a fast paced and demanding manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage. We are looking for people who are able to work to deadlines and have a flexible approach to workload and duties. Applicants should note this is physically demanding role with manual handling and heavy lifting involved.
Applicants are required to have the following for this role: CNC experience, knowledge of cutting tools, the ability to use CAD cam and interpret dimensions from drawings, templates and formers and experience of machine maintenance. Applicants will also need to have GCSE in English and Maths, grades C or above, or equivalent.
We are an innovative company within our field with a fun and friendly but professional working environment. Our people are the key to our success and we seek enthusiastic individuals who want to make a difference within our business and contribute to our future direction.
Please note Sheridan does not have the resources to send individual notifications to all applicants who are not shortlisted so if you have not been contacted within 28 days of the closing date you should assume you have been unsuccessful.
We currently only have the above vacancies available, however speculative applications can be made to The Human Resources Team at the above address.